The Tennessee Board of Regents
The Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology are governed by the Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) system. The TBR is the largest higher education system in Tennessee, governing 40 post-secondary educational institutions. The TBR system is comprised of thirteen community colleges and twenty-seven technology colleges.
Chancellor Flora Tydings
Tennessee Board of Regents
1 Bridgestone Park, Third Floor
Nashville, TN 37214
The activities of the Tennessee Board of Regents System are coordinated with the Tennessee Higher Education System in an effort to achieve unity in the programs of higher education in Tennessee.
Interim Executive Director
Tennessee Higher Education Commission
404 James Robertson Parkway, Suite 1900
Nashville, TN 37243
Advisory committees play an important role in providing guidance and direction to the administration, faculty and staff at the Tennessee College of Applied Technology Elizabethton.
The General Advisory Committeeprovides an overall direction and recommendation to the administration, faculty and staff for the effective operation of the college. Committee members review and make recommendations on needed changes to vision and mission statements.
Program Advisory Committees make recommendations on needed changes to curriculum to better meet the needs of employers in the region. Suggestions from committee members allow faculty to stay current in the latest equipment, methods, trends and technologies in their respective occupational areas. Committee members also provide information on employment opportunities for TCAT Elizabethton graduates.
Tennessee College of Applied Technology is accredited by Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
Council on Occupational Education
7840 Roswell Road, Building 300, Suite 325
The COE, originally founded in 1971 as a regional accrediting agency of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, is the successor to the Commission on Occupational Education Institutions (COEI). In 1995, the Council became a national accrediting agency. In 2006, the Council celebrated its 35th year of assuring quality and integrity in career and technical education. The Council's accreditation process is conducted on behalf of more than 181,000 students across the nation who pursue careers in a variety of technical fields.
Program Accreditations and Certifications
Some TCAT programs are accredited by external organizations. In addition, students in certain programs may be required or have the opportunity to sit for certified examinations to demonstrate expertise. The following is a list of accreditations and certifications by program:
Dietary Manager (online)
- Association of Nutrition & Foodservice Professionals
- Certified Dietary Manager
- Certified Food Protection Professional
- National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER)
- American Welding Society (AWS)
- American Welding Society (AWS)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-PN)
- Tennessee Board of Nursing
- Tennessee Board of Nursing – Approved
Machine Tool Technology
- National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS)
- NIMS certifications
Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning/Refrigeration
- HVAC Excellence
- 608 EPA Universal Refrigeration License
- Refrigerant 401a Safety Certification
- HVAC Excellence Employment Ready Electricity
- HVAC Excellence Employment Ready Air Conditioning
- HVAC Excellence Employment Ready Heat Pumps
Computer Information Technology
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- Dremel 3D Idea Builder (3D printing)
- Greenlee Voice, Data, Video Test and Termination (copper cabling)
- Greenlee Fiber Preparation and Termination
- Greenlee Fiber Testing and Troubleshooting
- Greenlee OTDR (Optical Time-domain Reflectometer)
- Microsoft Office User Specialist
- National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF)
- National Coalition of Certification Centers (NC3) – Multimeter 525-596 certifications
Administrative Office Technology
- Electronic Health Records (NHA)
- Medical Administrative Assistant (NHA)
- MOS Certification (Microsoft Office Specialist)